Where We're Located
3425 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3433
Special Hours of Operation
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice, Onboard@Penn will be operating offsite
Standard Hours of Operation
9:00 am - 3:00 pm ET, Thursday
Update as of March 27, 2020 - In accordance with Penn’s temporary limited campus operations due to COVID-19, the Onboard@Penn location on campus has suspended onsite operations until further notice. Onboard@Penn staff will continue their operations remotely.
During this period, Onboard@Penn will primarily utilize Equifax I-9 Anywhere to continue processing I-9s for all new hires of the University.
Please direct new hires to Penn’s Equifax I-9 Anywhere link to check any availability of available locations still processing I9’s during the COVID-19 crisis.
If you are a new hire who is unable to make it to a remote Equifax location due to COVID-19, then we have a secondary option and are able to accept the documents you are presenting to complete your I-9 virtually, in accordance with recent guidance by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Should you choose to
send in your documents virtually, they should be sent to Joe Marmo via Secureshare. To access Secureshare you will need to login with your
Pennkey and password.
Important note: The virtual option is only a temporary solution for new hires completing their I-9s. New hires will still be expected to visit Onboard@Penn with their original, unexpired documentation within three (3) business days of resuming onsite operations on Penn’s Campus to verify these physical documents in person.
For more information about temporary I-9 requirement flexibility, review this DHS news release.
Please also make sure all new hires are able to log into Workday with their PennKey and password in order to complete all outstanding onboarding tasks in their Workday inbox. There should be no tasks remaining to complete in the inbox.
* Please note that unless all onboarding tasks are completed, (including both parts of the I-9), the new hire will receive a paper paycheck even if they have entered their direct deposit information in Workday.
- Complete I-9 Part 2
- Verify payroll information
- Provide information related to applying for a Social Security Number
- Answer questions
- Verify and update work authorization
- Finalize personal information updates (legal name changes, etc.)
Please bring these additional documents:
- I-94 Card (Arrival/Departure Record)
- Picture Visa – no Visa required for Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Unexpired Picture Passport – if extended, please include page that shows extension
- Immigration Document (select one of the forms listed below)
- I-20 for F-1 Visa
- If on OPT, include page 3 showing the OPT dates
- DS-2019 for J-1 Visa
- I-797 for H-1 Visa
- I-485 for Permanent Residency
- I-20 for F-1 Visa
- Employment Authorization Card (EAC) Card, if applicable
- Student on OPT
- Pending Permanent Residency
- J-2, M-1 may work with EAD Card
- For I-9 verification documents must be:
- Original (including Social Security card)
- Lists of Acceptable Documents
- For Payroll verification:
- Original Social Security card
- Copy of Social Security card (if not used for I-9 verification)
- Receipt from Social Security Administration (SSA) office of application for duplicate
- Make an appointment with Equifax I-9 Anywhere!